Hospital Leave [Rule 103]
- Hospital leave granted to officers of the following classes while under medical treatment for illness or injury, if such illness or injury is directly due to risks incurred in the course of their official duties [Rule 103]
- Police Officers of rank not higher than that of Head Constable and Fire Service Personnel of and below the rank of Leading Fireman, including Driver, Mechanics and Fireman Drivers.
- Forest subordinates, other than clerks in receipt of pay not exceeding Rs. 27800
- Head warders or warders, male or female, of jails or lunatic asylums and Matrons of the Jails Department.
- Subordinates employed in Government Laboratories.
- Subordinates of other departments employed in the working of Government machinery.
- Last grade employees of all departments
- Guards and Preventive Officers of the Excise Department
- Government Servants who serve as Home Guard Volunteer..
- Hospital leave will be granted only on production by the employee concerned of a medical certificate from his authorised medical attendant to the effect that the leave recommended is necessary to effect a cure and a certificate from his head of office to the effect that the illness or injury was directly due to risk incurred in the course of official duties.[Note1 to Rule 103]
- Hospital leave is admissible to temporary employees [Note2 to Rule 103]
- Hospital leave may be granted for such period as the authority granting it may consider necessary [Rule 104]
- Leave salary
- (1) equal to leave salary while on earned leave, for the first 120 days of any period of such leave; and
- (2) equal to leave salary during half pay leave, for the remaining period of any such leave.
- Hospital leave is not debited against the leave account and may be combined with any other leave which may be admissible.
- A register will be maintained by all Heads of Departments and offices showing the various kinds of special leave (e.g., special disability leave, hospital leave, maternity leave, leave not due, commuted leave, paternity leave, child adoption leave etc.) granted to Government servants from time to time to facilitate the check by the local audit parties as to whether the conditions for the grant of the leave have been fulfilled in individual cases, by the authorities competent to sanction the leave.