Special Casual Leave to undergo Chemotherapy or Radiation, heart surgery and organ/Kidney Transplantation
- Introduced in 2009 Pay Revision w.e.f. 26-02-2011 vide GO(P)No.85/2011/Fin Dated 26/02/2011 and Amendment vide GO(P)No.508/2012/Fin dated 22/09/2012
- Special Casual Leave for a period not exceeding 45 days in a calendar year may be granted to those employees who undergo Chemotherapy/Radiation, heart surgery and organ/Kidney Transplantation on production of a Medical certificate from the authorised Medical Officer to cover the actual period required for Chemotherapy/Radiation and Kidney Transplantation followed by post transplantation recovery.
- Enhanced Special Casual Leave upto six months to undergo Chemotherapy or Radiation vide GO(P)No.447/2013/Fin dated 09/09/2013.
- Applicable to employees under Public Sector Undertaking vide GO(P)No.211/2014/Fin Dated 06/06/2014
- The leave may be allowed to be combined with leave defined in Rule 77(i) KSR I (ie Earned Leave, Half Pay Leave, Commuted Leave, Leave Not Due and Leave Without Allowance ) and ordinary Casual Leave.
- The period of Special Casual Leave shall be exclusive of intervening public holidays.
- The leave may be availed of on more than one ocation, in a calendar year, if needed, but altogether it must not exceed 45 days in a calendar year.