Special Casual Leave to Employed Parents of Physically/Mentally Challenged Children
- Introduced in 2009 Pay Revision w.e.f. 26-02-2011 vide GO(P)No.85/2011/Fin Dated 26/02/2011.
- Special Casual Leave upto 15 days in a calendar year shall be granted to the employees having physically/mentally challenged children, on production of certificate to that effect from an authorised Medical Officer attending them.
- The leave shall be granted on more than one ocation, if needed,altogether not exeeding 15 days in a calendar year. [Rule 20, Section II, Appendix VII, Part I, KSR]
- The leave shall be combined with ordinary leave or ordinary casual leave and the period of leave shall be exclusive of public holidays that may intervene.
- If both the parents are employees of Government/PSU's, a declaration countersigned by the competent authority to that effect that the spouse has not availed the leave in that calendar year, should be produced.
- Extended to the employees of Public Sector Undertakings which follow KSR w.e.f. 4/4/2012 vide Order No.GO(P)No.2010/2012/Fin Dated 4/4/2012.
- The Special Casual Leave Period will not be reckoned as duty for the purpose of accrual of Earned Leave [ GO(P) No.17/2022/Fin Dated 15/02/2022]