Conveyance Allowance to Physically Handicapped Employees
- Introduced vide Order GO(P) No.364/80/Fin Dated 11/06/1980.
- Conveyance Allowance not admissible during leave (except Casual leave), joining time or suspension.
- Conveyance Allowance is admissible on Vacation period.
- An Orthopaedically handicapped employee will be eligible for conveyance allowance, if he has a minimum 40% permanent partial disability of the upper or Lower extremity deformities:
- The conveyance allowance will be admissible to the orthopaedically handicapped employees on the basis of a medical certificate issued by the Head of Orthopaedics Department of a Government Civil Hospital.
- In the case of a blind employee, the allowance will be admissible on the recommendation of the Head of Ophthalmological Department of a Government Civil Hospital
- The employees eligible for the allowance shall apply for the grant of the allowance to the heads of their departments. The allowance will be payable with effect from the date of recommendation of the concerned Medical Authority